Tools for Assessment of Bidding into Electricity
Steven Puller and Ross Baldick
We have developed a
public domain academic grade tool to assess the competitiveness of offers into
electricity auctions. The prototype is written in the Java language, and
is released as open-source software under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GPL). It considers transmission
obtain the zipped tool and example file, download: Offer_Tool_zip
run the tool, follow these instructions:
- Install JRE or JDK. This is available
- Unzip the zip file to directory /bidTool_0_1.
- Go to directory /bidTool_0_1.
- In command line mode, run "java
-jar DCOPF.jar ercotCase20080402Demo", which
runs the case ercotCase20080402Demo.txt located in /bidTool_0_1/DATA.
If you do not specify the case name by running
"java -jar DCOPF", this will
run the testCase.txt by default.
- The output report is generated in /bidTool_0_1/DATA/ercotCase20080402Demo_output.txt,
and the data for plotting is stored in /bidTool_0_1/DATA/plotData.txt.
- Open /bidTool_0_1BRPlot.html, which will plot
the marginal cost and ex-post best offer curves specified in