EE 445S Real-Time Digital Signal Processing Laboratory - Lecture 13
Lecture by Prof. Brian L. Evans
- "Pump Up the Bass to Douse a Blaze: Mason Students' Invention Fights Fires",
Viet Tran and Seth Robertson, George Mason University.
Link sent by a spring 2015 student.
- "You Can't Be Told",
Valerie June, 2014, live performance on Austin City Limits.
- "Take Five",
The Dave Brubeck Quartet, 1961.
- "Dead Man's Party",
Oingo Boingo, 1985, with lead singer Danny Elfman.
- Global mobile data traffic increased 4000x from 2006 to 2016, or 2.3x per year
- "Microsoft planning to connect 2 million Americans using white spaces",
Corinne Reichert, ZDNet, July 11, 2017.
- white spaces are unused channels between licensed TV broadcast bands
- "best solution for reaching over 80 percent of people in rural America who lack broadband".
- 2016-2017 FCC auction of broadcast TV bands
- Finalized April 13, 2017
- Spectrum: 580 MHz to 700 MHz
- Reverse auction: 175 broadcast TV stations gave up licensed spectrum ($10B)
- Forward auction: 50 companies bid on relinquished spectrum ($19B)
- Largest accepted bids: T-Mobile ($8B), Dish Network ($6.2B), Comcast ($1.7B) and AT&T ($0.91B)
- 2015 FCC auction of wireless spectrum
- $44.9B for 65 MHz of bandwidth, or $690M/MHz
- AW-3 Bands: 1695-1710 MHz + 1755-1780 MHz + 2155-2180 MHz
- FCC is defining unlicensed and licensed bands above 24 GHz for mobile broadband
and other next-generation wireless technologies.
- Lecture slides on Digital Pulse Amplitude Modulation in
- Spring 2014 lectures on
Part 1 -
Last updated 07/11/17.
Send comments to