EE 445S Real-Time Digital Signal Processing Laboratory - Lecture 14
Lecture by Prof. Brian L. Evans
She performed at the 2011 South by Southwest Music Festival in Austin, TX.
- "5G craze continues:
The 5G spectrum auction is starting", Marrian Zhou, CNET, November 13, 2018.
reading assignment from
Communication Systems (3rd edition) by Simon Haykin
- Section 4.6 Random Processes (all)
- Section 4.9 Ergodic Processes (all)
- Section 4.10 Transmission of a Random Process Through a
Linear [Time-Invariant] Filter (all)
- Section 4.11 Power Spectral Density (through page 253) especially
- Equation (4.80) on page 250 for time-averaged autocorrelation
and the two limit definitions that immediately follow it.
- Equation (4.93) on page 253, which is used in the derivation
of the matched filter
- Section 4.12 Gaussian Processes, but only the following parts:
- Subsection on Thermal Noise
- Subsection on White Noise
- Example 16 Ideal Low-Pass Filtered White Noise
- Karagiannidis and Lioumpas, "An Improved Approximation for
the Gaussian Q function",
IEEE Communication Letters, August 2007.
Q(x) = - erfc(-------)
the authors approximate
g(x) h(x), where
h(x) = ----------
1 - e
g(x) = ---------
A = 1.98 and
B = 1.135 to
minimize the absolute error for
x in [0, 20].
Last updated 11/13/18.
Send comments to