EE 445S Real-Time Digital Signal Processing Laboratory - Lecture 12
Lecture by Prof. Brian L. Evans
- Lecture on Channel Impairments in
- Periodic impulsive noise in power lines
- Synchronous to the main powerline frequency (50 Hz or 60 Hz)
- Appear at the same instant of the AC cycle.
- Example sources: silicon controlled rectifiers and diodes
that switch on and off with the AC cycle while
generating abrupt switching transients.
- Asynchronous to the main powerline frequency (50 Hz or 60 Hz)
- Impulse trains with repetition rates unrelated to the
main powerline frequency.
- Primarily injected by switching mode power supplies that
operate at frequencies above 20 kHz.
Last updated 09/20/14.
Send comments to