The Code Composer Studio software is expected to be installed in the computers of ENS252B before the labs start, but as a back-up, it will be helpful if those students of Monday's lab section, who possess laptops, bring them to the lab with Code Composer installed. A free version of the software is available for download from TI's website.
- Please go to the link http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Download_CCS#Code_Composer_Studio_Version_4_Downlo ads. Scroll down the page to find "CCSv4 Release Archive". There, you will find a release of the software called 4.2.3. Click on the link called "DVD Image" corresponding to 4.2.3. You will be asked to create an account with TI for downloading this software.
- After the download is complete, install the software by unzipping the downloaded folder and clicking on the setup_CCS_4.2.3.00004.exe file. When you are asked to select an installation folder, instead of using the default folder, install it under C drive as C:\CCSv4_2_3 (Create a new folder called CCSv4_2_3 under C:\). Keep other installation settings as default.
- After installation, when you open the software for the first time, you will be asked to provide a path to the workspace. Keep the default path. Next, you will see a welcome screen. Click on "Click to close and go to the CCS workbench" near the top right corner. After that, you will see a screen about different licensing options. Please click on "Use free limited license". You will be directed to a page in TI's website, where you must accept some terms and conditions in order to get a free license. Click on "next" in the subsequent screen, until you reach a page where you will be asked to provide the MAC address of your computer. There is detailed information in the website on how to get the MAC address. After completion of all these steps, you will receive an email with the license file and detailed instructions on how to install the license.
- After these steps, CCS is ready for use. General information about CCS4 is available here: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:Code_Composer_Studio_v4. Please email me in case of any questions.
- All students MUST bring flash drives to lab every day for saving codes. Loss of data from network drive will not be considered as a valid excuse for late submission of assignments (Some students faced difficulties due to formatting of network drive last year, so please bring your own storage mediums).