EE 382N - Handouts and References
- The references mentioned in class, 4/8/2002:
- W. Buchholz and R.S. Ballance, Planning a Computer System, McGraw-Hill, 1962.
- J.E. Thornton, Design of a Computer: The Control Data 6600, Scott, Foresman
& Company, 1970.
- D.P. Siewiorek, C.G. Bell, and A. Newell, Computer Structures: Principles
and Examples, McGraw-Hill, 1982. (Chapters 18 and 19 deal with Tomasulo).
- The ILP paper mentioned in class:
- B. Ramakrishna Rau and Joseph A. Fisher: Instruction-Level Parallel Processing: History, Overview, and Perspective, The Journal of Supercomputing 7(1-2), 1993
- The SMT paper mentioned in class:
- M. D. Nemirovsky, F. Brewer and R. C. Wood. "DISC: Dynamic Instruction Stream Computer." Proceedings of the 24th ACM/IEEE International Symposium and Workshop on Microarchitecture, (November 1991), pp. 163-171.
- You have access to the IEEE websites if you're logged in from a UT station:
- Patt, Y.N. Requirements, bottlenecks, and good fortune: agents for microprocessor evolution. Proceedings of the IEEE , vol. 89, no. 11, November 2001, pp. 1553-1559. [pdf]
- Patt, Y.N., Patel, S.J., Evers, M., Friendly, D.H., Stark, J. One billion transistors, one uniprocessor, one chip. Computer, vol. 30, no. 9, September 1997, pp. 51 -57. [pdf]
- The LC-2 ISA. [ps][pdf]
- The Intel Manuals
Last updated: 8 April 2002