Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The University of Texas at Austin
EE 306, Fall 2013
Programming Assignment 1 Regrade
Due: 27th October, 11:59 pm
Yale Patt, Instructor
TAs:Ben Lin, Mochamad Asri, Ameya Chaudhari, Nikhil Garg, Lauren Guckert,
Jack Koenig, Saijel Mokashi, Sruti Nuthalapati, Sparsh Singhai, Jiajun Wang
As Dr. Patt said in the class, there are three cases for the regrade:
- If you had named your file something other than count.bin, you must send an email mentioning the file name you used for submission. This file will be used to regrade your assignment. You will lose 25% (or 22.5 points) from your score on this file.
- If you make minor changes (e.g., adding/fixing an instruction to store the
result in x3101), you must send an email explaining what you fixed as specified
in the instructions below. If we agree that what you fixed was minor, you can
get up to 90% (that is 81 points).
Note: If adding or removing an instruction needs you to change the offsets in other instructions, the change in offsets due to the inserted/deleted instruction will not be considered as an additional fix.
- If you make significant changes, (e.g. you rewrite the whole program), you
should NOT send any emails. You will get the average of the new grade and the
If you had named the file something other than count.bin:
If you need to make any changes to your program before resubmission:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should follow the following template:
Subject: EE306: Rename Lab1 submission file for your UT EID
Message body: Name of the submitted file.
Please DO NOT attach your files in the email.
- Fix your program and name the file containing your program count.regrade.bin .
Submit your program: Submit your program in your Project 1 Directory (project1).
Follow the standard submission instructions page to do so. Start at the
"Updating your Submission Directory" Step. You should see an empty
"count.regrade.bin" file. Be sure to verify your submission using your
Follow the submission
instructions to upload the count.regrade.bin file.
If you made major changes to your program, you are done and no further
action is required. However, if you fixed a minor error then you should read
Email Comments: If and only if you made a minor
fix, please send an email to email@example.com. The email should follow the
Subject: EE306 regrade for your UT EID
Message body: describe what you fixed (in less than 30 words)
Do not email if you rewrote your program or changed it
A minor change regrade applies to an absolute maximum of two lines of
If you decide to email, please adhere to the above guidelines. Emails
not following it will be ignored.
Be sure your submission is done by the deadline, October 27,