|bp. 8 October 1619||Bridport, Co Dorset||[Ford1] [Strong4 xxi]|
|d. 6 July 1688||Northampton Mass||[Strong1 17]|
|m. 1636||Dorchester Mass||[Ford1]|
|b. c1587||[Strong4 xxiv]|
|d. 9 November 1676||Northampton Mass||[Savage 2:183]|
|m. 19 June 1616||Bridport, Co Dorset||[Ford1] [Strong4 xxiv]|
[3267/5907] Elizabeth Charde
|d. 18 April 1643||Windsor Conn||[Strong4 xxiv]|
[Savage 2:183] Removed in 1636 to Windsor where he was representative in 1638-41, 1644 and 1654. Married second Ann, widow of Thomas Scott of Hartford.
[TAG 16:41-3] Perhaps the TF who married Joan Way, 13 December 1610 of Powerstock; Joan Ford was buried 10 May 1615.
[Strong4 xxiv] TF married first Joan Way 13 December 1610 at Powerstock, Dorset. She was buried 10 May 1615. He married 2) Elizabeth Chard Cook. She had married 1) 2 September 1610 at Thorncombe, Dorset, Aaron Cook, who was buried in Bridport 28 December 1615. they had one son, Aaron Cook baptized 20 March 1613. TF married 3) Ann Scott, widow of Thomas Scott.
TF resided in Bridport in 1619; was in Dorchester, Dorset in 1623 where they were members of Holy Trinity church whose rector Rev. John White was called the founder of Masssachusetts. Thomas and his family came on the ship Mary and John at a cost of 5 pounds per adult, 10 pounds per horse, and 3 pounds per ton of freight.
Requested admission as a freeman 19 October 1630; took oath 18 May 1631 at Dorchester. the last record of TF in Dorchester i 5 July 1636; he removed to Windsor c 1636/7. In 1637, he was one of 4 men who purchased a large tract of land from Sachem Tehano; he was granted land in 1637 near Sandy Road; he purchased house and land from Thomas Thornton in 1640.
TF's public service included: Deputy to the General Court 1637-40, 1644, 1654; served on 14 juries between 1641-9 and grandjuries in 1643 and 1662; constable with John Strong February 1654/5.
On his marriage to Ann in 1644, he removed to Hartford where he established an ordinary as accomodations in the Scott house (located on the southwest corner of State and Front Streets). The inn was sold to Thomas Cadwell in 1652. TF went back to Windsor abut this time; he purchased the homelot of William Hosford in 1656 and Arthur Williams house and lot in 1658/9. He removed to Northampton in 1672 where he spent the rest of his life.
Dewayne E. Perry
Copyright © 1965-Present. All rights reserved.
Last Updated 30 Sep 2001