EE 445S Real-Time Digital Signal Processing Laboratory - Lecture 3
Lecture by Prof. Brian L. Evans
- "The 10 cities with the most jobs for recent college grads, according to LinkedIn",
Abigail Hess, CNBC, May 11, 2018
(Austin is #9.)
- In the News: Package of former Yahoo! assets sold, but deal for whole portfolio fails to materialise,
Richard Lloyd, Dominion Harbor, Oct. 3, 2017.
Yahoo! valued their portfolio of 3,000 patents at $740M in their March 2017 filing
with the US Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), or about $246,000 per patent.
- About 12,000 layoffs/month in high-tech companies from Sept. 2014 to Aug. 2016
- "TSMC ramping up 7nm chip production",
Monica Chen, Hsinchu; and Jessie Shen, DIGITIMES, June 22, 2018,
TSMC stands for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
TSMC has an office in Austin, Texas.
- "Major AMD chip supplier will no longer make next-gen chips,
Steve Dent, August 28, 2018.
"It's too expensive for GlobalFoundries to keep up with Samsung and TSMC",
and will focus on 12nm and 14nm process technology nodes.
- "GlobalFoundries To Lay Off 424 At Malta Facility",
by Jim Levulis, WMAC, August 30, 2018.
"In June, the California-based company announced it was trimming its
worldwide workforce of 18,000 employees by 8 percent."
Last updated 01/14/19.
Send comments to