EE382C Embedded Software Systems - HDSL2 Project
HDSL2 Modem Project
A study of digital subscriber line (xDSL) modems and an
end-to-end simulation and synthesis in C of one type of
Ptolemy can be used for both the simulation and synthesis.
Cicada Semiconductor here in Austin, Texas, is in the process
of designing HDSL2 modems and may be able to provide some guidance
provided that your team consists of full-time UT students.
Shawn McCaslin at
Cicada Semiconductor has provided the following pointers and
PDF files for the HDSL and HDSL2 standards.
- Digital Communications background information
Signal Processing, on-line notes, Spring 1998, UT Austin
- Edward A. Lee and David G. Messerschmitt, Digital
Communication, 2nd ed., Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994,
- Steven A. Tretter, Communication System Design Using DSP
Algorithms: with Laboratory Experiments for the TMS320C30,
Plenum Press, 1995, ISBN 0306450321.
- HDSL and HDSL2 Background Information
- T1E1.4 Interfaces, Power & Protection of Networks
- Relevant Recent HDSL Standard Proposals
- The HDSL2 Standard as of December 1997 (PDF files)
- Other references
- J. Werner, "The HDSL Environment", IEEE Journal on Selected
Areas in Communications, Aug 1991, which
discusses how to model channel effects
Last updated 09/23/99.